We are really excited as next week as our new 3D Aesthetics Vjuve C02 fraxel laser machine arrives! This is the first laser machine we have invested in for the clinic and we researched carefully about which technology to use.
Fractional carbon dioxide (CO2) lasers are one of the latest advances in non-surgical skin rejuvenation treatments. They have the longest wavelength of all the lasers on the market and can be used safely on darker skin types, with appropriate adjustments in the settings. The CO2 fractional laser creates tiny holes in the surface of the skin, targeting a small portion of the skin, leaving the rest intact. The untreated healthy skin stimulates accelerated collagen production and promotes skin healing, so patients can expect benefits for at least six months post treatment.
The new Vjuve laser is versatile:
1: Vaginal Rejuvenation
- CO2 laser vaginal rejuvenation is a recognised treatment for women’s intimate health concerns. It works by tightening the tissues of the vaginal walls, as well as in the clitoral area to improve sensation and cosmetic appearance. There have been many published studies showing it to be effective at treating the following concerns:
- Vaginal atrophy
- Improve the cosmetic appearance of the labia
- Vaginal laxity following childbirth,
- Vaginal dryness (Common in peri-menopuase/ menopause due to low oestrogen)
- Mild prolapses
- Restore the correct pH within the vagina by eliminating unhealthy bacteria and infections
- Improving dyspareunia (painful sexual intercourse)
CO2 laser therapy should not be confused with radio frequency, which some clinics use for vaginal rejuvenation. Radio frequency is less-controlled as it emits energy in the form of electromagnetic waves, which creates a heated treatment zone. It can cause damage to the cells if used incorrectly. C02 vaginal rejuvenation can only be done by medically trained professionals, whereas radiofrequency is less regulated.
2: Skin resurfacing
Fractional CO2 lasers can treat skin concerns such as:
- Deep wrinkles
- Improve skin texture
- Improve skin one and reduce pigmentation
- Dramatically improve acne scarring
- Improve the appearance of scars
Keep a look out for future blogs where we show before/ after results of skin resurfacing and video diaries of patients undergoing these treatments.